What is this petition about?
- Constituents of the DUN area N34 Bukit Gasing is seeking the action of our elected representative Yang Berhormat Y.B. Tuan Rajiv a/l Rishyakaran , to raise our concerns about the PJD Link highway at the Selangor Legislative Assembly (23 Aug - 06 Sep 2021).
What is the situation?
- Residents learnt of the proposed PJD Link highway through media reports quoting the Menteri Besar and the highway developer, PJD Link (M) Sdn Bhd.
- The news has caused great anxiety and concerns to the residents especially those whose homes are along the alignment and who do not know the impacts this project will have on their lives.
- Publicly available information is scarce, yet the residents have been advised by the elected representatives to meet with the highway developer’s consultants to give feedback.
- There is a clear failure on the part of Selangor state by allowing the highway developer to gather feedback from the residents without a timeline and set of rules or guidelines.
- When questioned, elected representatives have told the residents to “meet the highway developer and find out more”.
- When asked why they are not doing more to block the proposed highway, which is more than 80% similar to the rejected KIDEX highway, our elected representatives have said that they will wait for the project to be submitted officially and study it before they will say if they are in favour or will reject the proposed highway..
- We, the constituents of DUN area N34 Bukit Gasing, are concerned that the project will be allowed to proceed without due process of engagement with the residents and public scrutiny, especially in this time of pandemic and lockdowns.
- We have been kept in the dark and demand that there be complete transparency in the process.
- Therefore, we seek action by the ADUN to raise the following during the upcoming sitting of the state assembly 23 Aug - 06 Sep 2021)
What are we asking?
- We hereby ask Y.B. Tuan Rajiv a/l Rishyakaran to raise the following questions:
- Establish the current status of the proposed project.
- Make public the process and criteria that the state will follow for the evaluation of the project, including timelines for the official submission to the state for consideration.
- Publish guidelines for the highway developer to follow before their engagement with the residents, including documents that need to be furnished (e.g. drawings of the proposed alignment, preliminary designs, preliminary schedules, land acquisition plans, etc.) instead of allowing them a free hand.
- State unequivocally that the state is committed to due process and transparency, including holding extensive and detailed public hearings to gather feedback and objections to the project, before the project is finally considered for approval by the state and municipal council.